Saturday, May 5, 2012

A to Z Reflections

The challenge is over and it's time to reflect on my experience.

Looking back, I didn't comment on as many blogs as I did last year. With so many blogs signed up, it was overwhelming trying to figure out how to comment. I did find a few new blogs to follow and saw plenty of interesting posts. I tried following the #AtoZchallenge hashtag, but the problem I found with that was I saw a lot of the same posts throughout the day. My best bet was to go to the A to Z blog and look through the list of participants and just click. Sometimes, my lack of commenting was because I was tired. It can be a lot of work visiting and commenting on blogs. If I couldn't think of something to say on a blog post I liked, I google+ it or ticked reactions if those were available.

Certain blogs I had to pass over because of black background with white font. No offense to them, it's just that messes with my eyes big time. Unless the posts were short, I can't read them.

Congrats to all who participated in the challenge. Thanks to all the people who commented and followed me during the challenge. A huge thank you to all the hosts of the challenge who did an awesome job keeping everything neat and easy. If you're curious about my previous posts, I have them listed nice and neat on my website, www.patricialynne.com


Now, on to the giveaways. If you've won, comment with your email so I can contact you and get your snail mail address so I can send you your prize.

The winner of a signed copy of Being Human
Cherie Reich  
Winners of signed bookmarks (Winner were chosen at random and not every incentive had a winner because not everyone opted to answer the question I put forth for the bookmark.)
Gwen Tolios
Juliana L. Brandt
Buffy Armstrong
William Kendall
Valerie Sloan
Cherie Larkins
Sarah Pearson

14 comments:

  1. Yay! And congrats to the other winners!

    My email is cherie.reich@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found there were so many new blogs to visit, I didn't get as much chance to revisit blogs, or I just read them in my google reader. Not really time to stop and chat.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino
    The Funnily Enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners.
    Yes there were many more blogs than last year or even the year before that, but I still enjoyed the experience.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners!
    It was great A-Zing with you all over again this year--I'm glad we kept in touch over twitter and our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I found the number of participants overwhelming. Even having pre-scheduled all my posts, I barely scratched the edge of the surface as regards betting round to other people's blogs! Still, for those I DID reach and follow, I have learned new things and broadened my horizons!

    ....and there's always next year! ;-)


    SueH I refuse to go quietly!
    Twitter - @Librarymaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next year, I'm definitely pre-scheduling posts in advance so I have more time to comment. It was extremely overwhelming.

    But yay! Congrats to the other winners as well! My email is valeriesloanauthor (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you're saying here. It can be a wearying venture trying to get through so many blogs and commenting. But it's also a rewarding thing in the end. Congratulations on a job well done.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reflection is a good thing, You have done a great job on the A to Z Challenge...

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    My New Book:
    Retro-Zombie: Art and Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing the challenge, hopefully we will do it again next April!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was an epic challenge, sorry I didn't get here during it.

    Congrats on finishing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I followed a few of them. I could never do it myself; I'd be exhausted by the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It certainly was a challenge, but enjoyable all the same. You did well, congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely need to come up with a better system for visiting blogs and for remembering to re-visit the ones I really liked. I wold forget to bookmark them, and then had to track them down again!

    But it was a great challenge to discover just what you could do when you push yourself, and also to find new blogs!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you made it through the challenge...I don't know anyone who actually stopped and commented on them all. But, we have the entire summer to do so! Congrats!
    http://4ambassadorsofchrist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete