Monday, April 9, 2012

In My Mailbox

I always see In My Mailbox posts every week, and I enjoy seeing what books others have received. But I've never had a reason to do one myself. Except this week. I got swag and a book and I thought this meme would be perfect to show off what I got. Before I get to that, let Story Siren explain how In My Mailbox aka IMM works.
  1. Make your own IMM post! I post every week, but you don’t have to. You can do one week out of the month or every other week it’s up to you. Be sure to link back to The Story Siren blog, so that other people wanting to participate know where to get the information to do so!
  2. I post my IMM on Sunday, but choose a day of the week that works for you.
  3. Once you have your IMM posted, come back to The Story Siren on Sunday and add your link to the list.
  4. Try to post a comment on other bloggers IMM posts. I don’t expect you to post a comment on every single one, but pick a few!
  5. All book bloggers are welcome, while I’d like to keep the theme to YA literature it’s NOT a requirement.
Okay, that's out of the way, let's get to the goods. First off, I got an email the other day asking me if I'd like an ARC to review. I was a little flattered, I had never been asked that before. Well, not from a publisher. Friends have given me ARCs of their books, but this was the first publisher


Etude
The cold rain drummed the memory of the horrible crash into my mind-mom dead, my hand ruined. Then a year later, coming out of a coma to realize my full-ride scholarship was gone and I'd never play the piano again. But the worst of it was nobody believed me-the voices, someone holding me in the mangled car, mom being ripped away from me.So here I am in Anderson, Wyoming, living with Uncle Connor while Dad's on assignment in Europe. School started and I met Jonathan, amazingly handsome Jonathan. He made me feel like life was beginning again-until I discovered that mom's death wasn't an accident, that a supernatural realm was trying to draw me into a coterie hundreds of years old, and that my friend Eric wanted to destroy me.Not the easiest way to begin my senior year.


Second book I got was Hushed by Kelly York. I read the blurb before it was released and was dying to get my hands on it. Started it and it is good, but had to put it down to get Etude read and reviewed.


Third thing I got was some signed bookmarks from Keary Taylor. She's the one that did Being Human's cover. Aren't they beautiful? I kid you not, this woman has mad skillz.


Lastly, and this had me really excited. Daeva bookmarks from my buddy, Daniel A. Kaine. He gave me a bunch too, so... you know what that means. I'll have to find a reason to give some away. =D


That's my IMM. It's small, but I was glad to finally have a reason to take part of this meme. Now, it's time to head to Story Siren's post for IMM and check out the loads of other books people have gotten this week.

8 comments:

  1. You did quite well! Like the bookmarks, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting idea, I've been thinking of what I can do with my blog in the future, maybe book reviews could be fun.

    -MJ A to Z blogger http://creativelyspiltink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMM sounds like a great idea!


    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the first I've heard of this particular meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog! Looks like you got some great stuff in your box! Maybe now that my lil peeps are bigger I can get back to reading! Thanx for the inspiration here! Congrats on your 1yr Anniversery!

    Jaelma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment
    (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for first-time blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.
    My page - terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog tried to eat this comment too. Blogger must not like it when ppl comment w/ Anonumous. =\

      Just blog about topics that interest you writing-wise and advertise the posts. Find others to connect with and make friends and share each others posts on other sites.

      Delete