Sunday, April 1, 2012

Anniversary and A to Z

Ugh, this post is going to be a bit short because I just got home from spending the weekend with friends. (I hate bars btw.)It is now almost four in the afternoon and I got to drive home in our nice, new car. I have to get my *ahem* job done today too. I promise though, tomorrow's post I will talk your frikken ear off! =D

 Anyways. Today is the start of the A to Z blogging challenge which I decided to do about 3 days ago. I think I could have waited a little longer for a last minute decision, don't you? Last year when I did this, I started off with a bang. I had awesome news to share. I had gotten married! And it was a memorable event. We still talk and laugh about.

Especially the part where I had to borrow 20$ from my bestie because hubby and I forgot to get cash out of the ATM and the courthouse didn't accept debit cards. The lady at the counter probably thought we were nuts. I wore fuzzy stripped leg warmers and a pink shirt that said, "Only Vampires can love you forever." Afterwards, we went to an all you can eat Chinese buffet and I spent a good amount of time on my phone texting a few friends with the news.


As April 1st approached, I started thinking how should hubby and I celebrate. I'm not one for celebrations. Instead, I was decided to crack divorce jokes. After all, I only married hubby for his health insurance. ^_~ So I think that's how I'll celebrate today.

Give me your best divorce jokes in the comments and I'll pick one winner to send a signed Being Human bookmark to. Let's make them funny, I want to be LOLing in my chair.

9 comments:

  1. A father is looking for a Barbie for his daughter's birthday. He asks the assistant why workout Barbie, Beach Barbie and Disco Barbie are all $20 but Divorced Barbie is $100.
    "Well sir," says the assistant, "divorced Barbie comes with Ken's house, ken's boat, ken's car and one of Ken's friends."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.O That is so awesome Sarah, I'll have to remember that one. I can't say I can recall any divorce jokes of my own to share though.

      Delete
  2. I still remember your wedding post from last year, and quoted it as the most memorable one on the AZ blog!

    Look forward to your challenge posts again this year :)

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ---Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Thinking, thinking, thinking* Nope. I can't think of a single Divorce Joke. (Which is sad because I really wanted that bookmark!)

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    thewriterace.blogspot.omc
    A to Z Co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, there's the rest of the alphabet to give you plenty of chances to get a bookmark. =D

      Delete
  4. Not that this is a joke per se, but perhaps a prelude to impending divorce:

    Wife: "I love you."
    Husband: "Is that you talking, or the wine?"
    Wife: "It is me, talking to the wine."

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, let's see...

    "Marriage is a three ring circus. Engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, Patty! I'm glad you're doing the A to Z Challenge again this year, that's how we met last year! *has a sentimental moment* I don't actually know any divorce jokes, how lame am I? Guess it's a good thing I already have signed bookmarks! :-D And yay, you got a new car! I know you were talking about it on Twitter awhile ago, but I've been doing a crappy job of keeping up with what everyone's doing on Twitter, so I'm glad to hear it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it doesn't seem like we've known each other a whole year. o.o

      Delete