Friday, March 9, 2012

Writing Goals

It's been a little over a week since the first Are You Writing Now? Post. My goals were set and I was pretty hopeful I'd be able to work on them. I could do this!

I'm just gonna say it, I suck when it comes to goals.

A couple days after my post, I opened Being Vampire and stared. And stared. And stared. Then I ranted on twitter. Got some ideas from friends on what to try. (Thanks by the way.) I closed the file and knitted some, trying to figure out why I could not write this story. It really frustrated and stressed me. Finally, I just said screw it. If Drew's not going to talk to me, I'm not going to try. I'll play with one of my other characters.

So, yup, after a few days, I abandoned my goals. In my defense, I've kinda set new ones. I'm editing Snapshots and getting about 5K edited a day, so unofficially, my new goal is to edit 5K every time I sit down to edit. Secretly, I'm also hoping maybe Drew will get jealous and come out of hiding, but he's not the jealous type. He tends to wait patiently while I deal with other characters and then still refuse to talk much. I've taken to calling him a brat... Has he been talking to Daniel????

9 comments:

  1. Well editing is just as good as writing, but when you need to get back to the story, write the mundane! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, make sure I remember that cuz I can be a bit forgetful. lol

      Delete
  2. Maybe he's just feeling pressured (or stubborn) and when you leave him alone for awhile, he'll come around. Use a little reverse psychology...'that's fine, I don't feel like talking to you right now either, so I'll just go do something else...something more important.' haha
    Editing is good though - at least it's something productive and you haven't just given up entirely. I personally found editing to be the most time consuming and exhausting part, so you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much am leaving him alone for a while in hopes that a break will refresh me and I can find a way back into the story.

      Delete
  3. He'll miss the attention eventually, but at least you're getting things done in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think changing your goals to suit is great, it's better than just saying, nope this isn't working. Goal failed. I hope he comes out of hiding soon though!

    I've Tagged you in a meme over on my blog Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew's entered his sulking ignore the author phase, has he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup and he only acknowledges me when I'm falling asleep. =\

      Delete