Thursday, March 1, 2012

Where are my words?

OK, so this past Wednesday was the first Are You Writing Now? post. It was kinda successful. Besides me and Gwen, only one other person posted for it, so that was a bummer. But Gwen and I had a good number of commenters (more on Gwen's posts than mine) and we had another person sign up, so overall, I am pleased.

I set my goals: Get Being Vampire and my new Influence short finished. I was hoping to get writing today, but my bestie, Vic was meeting the love of his life, my writing buddy, Daniel, today, so I was quite distracted and glued to twitter like it was a soap opera - a happy soap opera. Anyways, once everyone was calmed down, dinner ate, and an impromptu nap taken, I fired up Word to start on my goals.

I can not write!

Seriously, I can't. For the life of me I can't figure out what words come next. I am stuck and have been stuck for the past two weeks. Mind you, I didn't write much the past two weeks due to my surgery and a cold I got, but I'm better now! I'm ready to write. So why can't I figure out Being Vampire? Or the Influence short? Neither one I have any idea what words go where. I know how the stories go, I can see the scenes in my head, but as soon as I open the Word documents, everything goes *POOF*

It's so frustrating because I'm so close to the end, and I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself. I know that's a sure way to shut my muse down. But it doesn't seem to matter because she'd gone missing anyways. The only thing I can think of is putting the story on the back burner. Forgetting about it and focusing on other stories that I have finished. Maybe some editing and rewriting will coax my muse out of hiding. (Maybe Being Vampire just isn't a good story and deep down I know it.) I'm getting so annoyed and irritated with myself. What do I do aside from banging my head against the wall?

4 comments:

  1. I just finished writing my MS yesterday (at least getting to the end, because there's a few things to be done before handing off to beta readers)... There were times that the writing just wasn't going well for me; I've been there, sitting at the keyboard and at a loss for what to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on finishing!

      Isn't it the worst when you want to write and you sit there and nothing happens? x_x

      Delete
  2. So you just have the issue when Word is up? Have you tried writing long hand, or dictating? Also, we had another person sign up? Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started writing the story long hand and have been thinking of switching back to see if that gets the story flowing again.

      Delete