Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spread Love not Hate Blog Hop

Spread Love, Not HateI forget how I stumbled upon this blog hop. Probably Twitter, I find a lot of info there. Anyways, it started with a sad story. An author, who had just published her first book, had someone mock her accomplishment and start bullying her. I know, horrible. It was a reminder that bullying can and will continue outside of high school. It was also the start of the Spread <3, not Hate blog hop.


Bullying was never a big problem in my life, something I consider myself lucky. It did happen to me, as I imagine it does to everyone. Most were minor instances and the sting didn't last long. I remember a girl on the bus ride throwing something at me. People who I thought had been my friends taking an xboyfriend's side and mocking me with him. And the biggest instance was a rumor spread about me in seventh grade camp that I kissed another girl. I felt like everyone but my two best friends were against me. I know that wasn't the case now, but at the time, that's how I felt. I saw others bullied. Sadly, like most teens, I ducked my head and continued on my way. I knew bullying was wrong, but let's face it, high school is tough and teenagers can be cruel. I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

As an adult, I hope that if I see someone being bullied I will stand up for the person. I can be a bit timid, so I'm not sure how well my courage would hold up. Hopefully, it will, and I can stand up for a friend or even a stranger. Or myself if needed.

10 comments:

  1. Happens all the time Pat. I have fake 1 star reviews on all of my books. They're very easy to recognize once you figure it out. Unfortunately there are plenty of dumb ass people out there who believe there is competition between books. Their loss in the long run, karma always bites them on the ass one way or another :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a few people who have said they've gotten fake 1 star reviews. I understand a bit of jealousy when you see someone doing good with their book, hell, I've felt that, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go try to sabotage the person.

      Delete
  2. Wow... so much for believing that people would be honest... sigh... I hate bullies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep believing people will be honest. I know everyone isn't, but if I start letting that become my way of thinking then it will just get me down.

      Delete
  3. Bulling is a terrible thing, and I love that there's a movement against it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rather timid too, I think that is and was part of my problem. Hindsight is twenty-twenty though, and if I could back there are a lot of things I'd do differently. Hopefully by talking about it now we can make a difference, even if it's a small one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you have more courage than you think...and i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them tried the same thing at one point or another. Thanks so much for stopping by my post!
    https://twitter.com/#!/ShadowKissedCas/status/165526984120737792
    Spread the word! Where is the next book? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next book is still stuck in my head. Struggling to get my thoughts written. x_x

      Delete
  6. Deliberate one starring just to sabotage a book is really, really petty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading through your posting. I need to say that it was the 1st article on your blog I genuinely enjoyed and in which I had a feeling of agreement, know what I mean? Must be keep the posting and I will be back once again.

    ReplyDelete