Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Are You Writing Now? Begins!

Wow, it kind of felt like this day would never come. Gwen and I have been plotting and planning, we announced the group and had sign ups, and all that was left to do was wait for the big day. Which is here. Yay! And about two days ago I realized I hadn't quite figured out what my monthly goals were.

I've never really set goals for myself before. I always shy away from them. Deadlines sends my muse into hiding. NaNoWriMo? No way! It's not like I can't crank out the words when inspired. It's just any type of deadlines don't inspire me.

Anyways, so what are my goals for the month of March?

First goal needs to be finish Being Vampire. Haven't really worked on it for a couple of weeks. Of course, I haven't really worked on much of any of my writing. Been a wee bit tired from my surgery. Hard to  concentrate on writing when all I want to do is sleep. I think I caught a cold this weekend too. So, I'd really like to get Being Vampire finished. I have the ending summarized and I know what needs to happen. I just need to write it.

My other goal for the month is to finish third Influence short Lor inspired. That should be easy enough. The shorts are only a few thousand words.

There are my goals for the month; now let's hear yours.

5 comments:

  1. YES! I must read Drew! I must! Please? Awww!! Wait... I inspired the Influence short? Yay!!! XD

    Go Patty go! *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you soon recover from the surgery, Pat, and good luck with your goals. (I'm all behind like a horse's tail, haven't even put mine up on my Blog yet. I know I was supposed to do it yesterday, but I was trying to finishing my goals for the Winter Writing Festival and forgot! *Smack*)

    I love goals, otherwise I do nothing but procrastinate. Thank you an Gwen for organising this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, you can put the post up early or late if you want. We're not strict about that. lol

      Delete
  3. Getting the WIP (nearly done as of tomorrow) in the hands of my beta readers!

    ReplyDelete