Saturday, December 10, 2011

Find a happy place

I think, it's time for a break. Going to take a little time off of blogging, and a few other online things. It's the holidays, and I'm just not in a happy place. I kind of feel like I'm editing, like I'm on that emotional roller coaster editing puts me on. One minute, happy and excited about something, the next minute a complete 180. It's sucking my energy, which in effect, hurts my writing. Had a whole post written, hoping that venting would help. Sometimes, you just need to write things down, even if you put it away in a drawer for no one to see. When that doesn't work, maybe that's a sign to step back. I did declare I hated my book the other day and was going to burn it. I also wanted to destroy a present I made my my writing partner. Along with deleting a few half baked story ideas and extra scenes from my hard drive.

Don't know when I'll be back, probably around Christmas. The pessimistic part of me is telling me this is completely pointless. No one is going to miss me. It makes me half tempted not to post this to see if anyone does notice. Of course, I won't be completely gone. Have to check my email after all. My giveaway for my book end in seven days too and I'll have to get winner addresses. =D I'll leave you with this. I got a small mention in my hometown newspaper. They spelled Lynne wrong, but it's still pretty cool.


Hope you all have a happy holiday, and I'll talk to you later.

10 comments:

  1. Well I'll look forward to your return to the blogging world. Enjoy your blogging break and congrats on getting your name in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to do something similar around exam time. Sometimes blogging and writing just sucks me dry and I have to withdraw from it to recuperate. I hope you feel better over the break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you feel like this, a break is definitely needed. If you're not back before, have a wonderful Christmas, and see you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Austin, have to say I'm kinda bummed. You return just as I decide to leave. *sigh*

    @Nindogs, and Sarah, thanks. I'm still around because I'd feel really rude not responding to comments or replies. So it's more of a stepping back and keeping things minimal. Already, I'm feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly relate, Patricia. There are times the creative and emotional energy gets sucked out of many of us.

    Get your rest, take a break, and seek out that happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're feeling so low Patricia. I hope this feeling leaves you soon. You Will be missed x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello darling, I hope you're feeling much better. You know we're all here for you if you need anything. Enjoy your break, sometimes it's the best thing for writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe it isn't nice to feel that way. Hope that things go better towards new year.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you've had a happy Christmas Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack! You sold your first novel! That's something to smile about.

    Hi. I'm new :)

    ReplyDelete