Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Warm Fuzzies Week 3

This week, take a moment to look at the trouble you get your MC into. How do you kick them while they’re down? Without revealing too many secrets about your WIP- take us through your MC’s arch.
The challenge for this week is to visit as many blogs as you can and based on their exert/summary, come up with a title for their WIP. Your title can be funny or serious, whatever you’d like.

Okay, my MC's arch. Oh jeez, I have never thought about it. When I write, I don't plot at all, so most of the time, I don't know what the arch is until the story is done. Let me pop back over to Juliana's post and reread her post to kick start my brain.

My WIP begins with werewolves howling. In the book before this WIP, Eric thought he had left his life in the pack behind, and was ready to move forward with Ben. But it seems his pack has found him. What do they want? What will the do? According to his sister, Sarah, his dad wants him to come back. After a little angst over what to do, Eric and Ben decide to go. Coming home isn't easier either, and Eric starts to worry how Ben is dealing with life in the pack. But there's something else, or someone else more accurately, that isn't dealing well with Eric's return. Someone who is determined to tear Ben and Eric apart.

Hmm, that sounds a bit more dramatic than it really is. But it's a good start for a blurb. Which reminds me, where did I put the blurb for the story this is a sequel to? Anyways, that's my character's arch (I think.) What do you think a good title will be? Feel free to throw in a serious title suggestion because as of right now, these two books have no titles and it makes Ben and Eric very sad. Also, don't forget to check out the list of participants here.

PS: Shameless book plug. You can get Being Human for 99cents at Smashwords using code RG96L. Code expires on my birthday, November 18th.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, how about Life in the Pack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric's Return?
    :)
    Turns out it's just as hard to name other books as my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Return to the Pack

    I'm glad I'm making you think on this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole pack of trouble.

    I like the others better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ideas everyone. Eric's Return kind of perked with me because the story before someone suggested Fixing Ben, so it would connect the two. I don't know, haven't quite heard a suggestion that just popped with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia,

    I'm visiting from Swagger Writers. I'm gonna suggest Pack Mentality: Werewolf Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, I just entered into your Goodreads giveaway! Your book looks awesome! Love the description of your character arch. A title... I like "Werewolves Howling."

    ~Melissa
    Swagger Writers
    Reflections on Writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I'm going with Ripped Apart:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Candy's The Returning or maybe just The Return...

    ReplyDelete