Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Author Blog Hop

It's tough being a new author and getting our stories into hands of readers. Fortunately, there are others looking to lend a hand to us noobs. The New Author Blog Hop runs from November 23rd to the 30th. It's co-hosted by Of Thoughts and Words and Oh! For the Love of Books. Thanks to both and don't forget to check out the other blogs participating.

Naturally, I am going to pimp my own book a little. You can find Being Human at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords in ebook format for $2.99. It's also available in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Createspace. Even more sites that carries it can be found here. Want to buy later? Add Being Human to your TBR list on GoodReads. There, you can keep track of other books I plan to publish as I add them. (Shameless promo here. If you need a book trailer, I can make you one at a price that won't drain your wallet.)

For Tommy, there is only one thing he needs to do: survive.

Only surviving isn't that easy. The hunt for blood can be tricky when humans know to fear the night. Desire sits on the edge of his mind, urging him to become the monster humans think he is. Vampire Forces, a special branch of police, is determined to turn every vampire to ash. Tommy included.

The only human Tommy can trust is his twin brother. A bond connects them, and with Danny's help, Tommy starts to understand the human world he struggles to survive in. He'll learn what friendships means and feel the sting of betrayal, find that sometimes the worst monsters are very human, and come to understand that family means more than blood.

Tommy just wants to survive and he knows what he needs to do. But with the number of humans that mean more to him than a meal growing, he'll learn there's more to life than simple survival. He'll discover being human doesn't mean being a human.



Also I am going to pimp my writing partner in crime's book because I love his story. I love Mik (sorry, hubby, but it's true.) You can find Dawn of Darkness by Daniel A. Kaine on Amazon and Smashwords in ebook. Paperback should be coming soon. *Gives Daniel a stern look because she wants her autographed copy.*

Unburdened by the pain of loss and heartbreak, Mikhail is content with his life of solitude. But everything began to change the day he realised he has a psychic ability -- the power to alter the emotions of those around him.

Ushered into the Military Academy with others like him -- other Daevas -- Mikhail does his part to help tip the scales of war against the vampires that destroyed the world and plague what remains of humanity. But after going up against his first vampire, Mikhail starts to question everything he thought to be true.

To discover the truth and expose the lies he once believed, Mikhail will set out on a journey of discovery, and learn some things about himself in the process.





Of course, what book pimpage wouldn't be complete without a give away? You're right, none! So, I'm going to give away an ebook version of Being Human and Dawn of Darkness. All you have to do is comment. And for fun, add what your favorite paranormal creature is. Give away is open until December 6th 2011. Additional entries can be earned as well for tweeting and following. Winner will be chosen random. Ends November 30th.







15 comments:

  1. Both books sound awesome! I'd be thrilled to win either! Favorite paranormal creature - guess I'd have to say vampire. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'm a twin so I'm aware of the bond--for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books sound great, but I think I'd prefer to read Being Human
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chance. I love Dragons, always have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome, and wow what a cover! I'm so happy its in paperback because now I can get a copy!!! I haven't ventured to the darkside of ereader owning yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a vampire fan but I really liked the synopsis of your book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog hop. I will try and write a post for a debut author I've read this year and get it on in time.

    Being Human is on my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love vampires, they are my favorite paranormal creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also LOVE vampires (just saw Breaking Dawn today ;) ). This one sounds like a great story. Can't wait to read it.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being Human sounds like my type of a read! Your Blog site looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree..both books sound great! Favorite.. umm...zombies...dunno know why tho!
    thx for the chance
    twinmomx5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an awesome book. I'd have to say that my favorite paranormal creature would be the shapeshiter/werewolf. I also love vampires and Carpathians.
    -Jessica B

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite paranormal creature is...well, I don't know about favorite because that's a tough one, but right now living gargoyles come to mind. They are just misunderstood and need love. It's not their fault people long ago made them look the way they did -and they were protectors then. But now people have either forgotten them or think they are ugly and scary. Poor gargoyles.
    On this note, find the picture book "God Bless the Gargoyles" at your library.
    ladyofnarnia(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been slacking, on comments. Thanks everyone for commenting and entering. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally stopping by from the New Author Blog Hop. Congratulations on your book.

    ReplyDelete