Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Last Warm Fuzzie Moment

It's the last week of the Warm Fuzzies Blogfest. I'm kind of sad. It was fun hopping around and discovering new people and their writing. Makes this post bitterswee.

This week, post what makes writing worth it for you and most importantly, post one of your Warm Fuzzy moments. It can be a scene from a WIP, short story, poem, anything that strikes your fancy. Visit one another’s posts and enjoy the writing you find there.

I instantly had a scene come to mind. In my debut novel, Being Human there is a scene at the end between Tommy and Sunlight that is so crystal clear in my head every time I think about it. Each time it plays out like a movie scene and all I can think is how awesome it would be if Being Human was made into a movie and to see that scene come to life. It even has music to go with it. Having a scene come to me so crystal clear is one of the reason I love writing and getting those words to tell that scene is such an amazing experience. Then knowing that people will read it, see the scene I created puts me on cloud nine. I wouldn't trade it for the world.


There was something I needed to do.
Summoning my last bit of energy, I snapped the cuffs and shoved Vampire Forces away. The distance between us felt like millions of miles, Sunlight impossible to reach. I put everything I had into crossing the room, to reaching her. And when I did, I spared a moment for my family.
“I’m sorry.”
Dan locked eyes with me and the color drained from his face. “No.”
Then I turned to Sunlight and everything disappeared. The humans, the courtroom and trial, the scientists and experiments. All I saw was our time together. The details sped by, every moment of every night spent with her crystal clear before me. It made me smile and laugh and want to cry. All those moments combined into one second in time, one moment that was only me and her, and for the first time nothing else mattered. Hunger and need didn’t matter, my own survival was insignificant. As I gazed into her eyes, I finally understood what it meant to be human.
I kissed her.
She kissed me back.

This scene always makes me feel warm and fuzzy, even if what happens next really kills it. Anyways, don't forget to head over to Juliana's blog to check out everyone else's post. I guess we were supposed to keep track of points but I never did. Oh well, I found some cool new blogs, and a few stories I can't wait to learn more about. Thanks Juliana.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I wanna know what happens next! Great piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cassie: what happens?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's near the end of the story so I can't tell you or else I'll ruin it. ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's so sweet. I know exactly what you mean by seeing a scene that clearly. It's pretty magical :)

    ReplyDelete