Monday, October 24, 2011

Internet Book Fair BlogFest

I only just heard about M.A. Leslie's Book Fair Blogfest mere hours before it happened. It came across my twitter stream and it brought back fond memories of my childhood and the excitement of Book Fairs at my schools. There were always so many books and I could only get one or two. It was torture! I knew I had to sign up for this and my TBR pile will grow because of it. Hopefully, you will add my book to your TBR pile as well.

Being Human is a story about a vampire named Tommy, who, when he was turned, no longer remembers his human life.

For Tommy, there is only one thing he needs to do: survive.

Only surviving isn't that easy. The hunt for blood can be tricky when humans know to fear the night. Desire sits on the edge of his mind, urging him to become the monster humans think he is. Vampire Forces, a special branch of police, is determined to turn every vampire to ash. Tommy included.

The only human Tommy can trust is his twin brother. A bond connects them, and with Danny's help, Tommy starts to understand the human world he struggles to survive in. He'll learn what friendships means and feel the sting of betrayal, find that sometimes the worst monsters are very human, and come to understand that family means more than blood.

Tommy just wants to survive and he knows what he needs to do. But with the number of humans that mean more to him than a meal growing, he'll learn there's more to life than simple survival. He'll discover being human doesn't mean being a human.



It is my first published novel and with it I was hoping to create a vampire story that wasn't like the ones already out there. Tommy isn't a suave or sexy vampire all the girls drool over. He's not centuries old with accumulated wealth. He also isn't evil, thinking humans are below him. He is just undead and trying to survive. To do that he needs blood. YOUR blood. It's really nothing personal if he kills you.


You can find Being Human at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords in ebook format for $2.99. It's also available in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Createspace. Even more sites that carries it can be found here. Want to buy later? Add Being Human to your TBR list on GoodReads. There, you can keep track of other books I plan to publish as I add them. Last, I leave you with this: My book trailer I made. (Shameless promo here. If you need a book trailer, I can make you one at a price that won't drain your wallet.)






PS: Don't forget to check out all the other books and blogs participating in this awesome blogfest.

20 comments:

  1. That's awesome about your book and the vampires. I've seen it floating around in blog world, so I'll be adding it to my to-be-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many interesting books on show today. I know I've heard the name before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JL, probably a tweet, we follow each other on twitter.

    @Cherie, thanks, added yours to my pile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, and your book sounds really interesting and totally up my alley! I'm adding it to my TBR pile :)

    I love paranormal novels where the guy isn't this mythic god-like creature, simply because it isn't done much ... in fact, I'm almost finished writing/editing a book with that same idea, an ordinary guy turned paranormal. It should be available in Nov or Dec (but it isn't about vampires, lol)! Let's here it for the ordinary paranormal guys :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding trailer...touches my heart. Intriguing premise for your story. Best wishes on thisbook with a different side of being a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! your book sounds great. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Nicole Weaver
    http://mysisterismybestfriend.blogspot.com
    http://marieandherfriendtheseaturtle.blogspot.com
    http://mybirthdayiseptembereleven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing book. You have me hooked. By pile of books is always high, but this sounds like a must a read. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    Regards,
    Donna
    Award-winning Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    The Golden Pathway Story book Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. I know my TBR pile has grown from this blogfest. Also found a few children's books that I think would make great gifts to my nephews. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I peeked out from under edits this afternoon, it was so nice to find a visit from you on my blog. Thanks. Your book sounds intriguing. Good addition to my tbr list.

    Happy browsing!

    Kai
    www.kaistrand.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your novel sounds absolutely fantastic!

    I wish you well :)

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last line of your blurb sold it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kai and Wendy, thanks!

    JC, WOO HOO! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover. Love the title. But I think if he did kill me, I'd take it personally! Sounds like a great story. I'll have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely a must have for me. What an intriguing take on the vampire mythos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Oh this sounds good. Nice write-up, too. Love the book trailer: the music is perfect! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dianne, Understandable. I'd probably take it personal too and I'm the author!

    @Melissa, Thanks.

    @Francine, Hi and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool premise, I love the cover! Good luck with it, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm finally getting around to checking out all the books on the book fair. I'm not usually a paranormal fan, but your book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I added your book to my to-be-read pile on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete