Thursday, September 1, 2011

Follow Friday... I'm on 2 in numbering, right? Nope, 5

Time for another Feature & Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's question is:

Q.If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?

You know, honestly, there isn't a book I would change the ending too. Sure, there are a few things I'd tweak. Like in Breaking Dawn, I read a review that suggested Leigh and Jacob could have hooked up and I was like, "OMG! They are so right! Why didn't they hook up? That's sooooo much better than the imprinting." (Yes, really, that was my train of thought.) But what about Nessie? (Sorry, I am not attempting her name or googling it.) Yeah, what about her? The story line would still have worked. Mostly. Maybe tweak it so Sam's pack didn't want to kill Bella and Nessie and just have the Volturi want them dead. Is that how you spell Volturi? I'm not googling that either. I'm feeling a bit lazy tonight and am on a bit of a roll typing and can't be bothered to reach for the mouse. Although, hubby would assure me I could get to the search function without the mouse, but he's playing a video game so I won't bother him.


Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, book endings. Nope, nothing really comes to mind. I have enjoyed.... wait I just thought of one. It was an indie book I downloaded called Shinobi, Book One: Concealed in Shadows. It had gay ninjas. Tell me that doesn't perk your interest? That you wouldn't pick it up just to glance at it out of curiosity. Back on topic. I'd totally change that ending.

The first half of the book was amazing. There was good character development, conflict, an interesting bad guy and for some reason, the author threw it all out the window. Instead, the MC hooked up with the bad guy and to get the bad guy turned good out of the picture so MC could go back to the ninja dude he had been in the process of hooking up with, the author had the bad guy turned good die because he couldn't steal anyone's ki that was suitable. While he was the bad guy, he was going to steal the MC's ki but then they ended up having sex (oh yeah, this was an erotica. I did not know that when I downloaded it. I just thought, Gay ninjas... I have to see this. lol!) So the ending was just lots of pointless sex while waiting for bad guy turned good to die so the MC could go finish hooking up with the first guy. It felt like a total cop out. I forced myself to finish, but really I wouldn't have missed anything if I hadn't. Really, what was the author thinking? (Hmm, I wonder if anyone will think that when they read my book.)

25 comments:

  1. A lot of people have said Breaking Dawn!! New follower!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I have issues with Breaking Dawn too. I like the ending but the route getting there was weird.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a tough call as to what book I'd want to change the ending to. On one hand, authors work hard on their novels and I hate criticizing their methods. But on the other, sometimes books lack a certain omph. My answer is a book that I didn't particularly enjoy so that I wouldn't feel as bad!

    I'm a new follower.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower. I have seen alot with Breaking Dawn as the answer, but in a way I guess I would want to change it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone seems to have a problem with the way this series ended. I only read the first book and enjoyed it but couldn't get into New Moon.
    Here's my HOP for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you had me at gay ninjas but lost me with your eloquent review of the ending. I'll give that one a miss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twilight is popping up everywhere tonight!! I haven't read Breaking Dawn but I know what happens and even I have to agree :)

    New Follower. My FF post: The Write Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  8. NEW follower here. Happy Friday! Stop by my FF hop: http://bookthatthing.blogspot.com
    LOVE your answer and feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol.

    New follower. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vampire Academy is awesome, you should read it!
    My other recommendation is Divergent by Veronica Roth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an old follower!
    Hope you will stop by and check out my new multi-author blog 'The Writers Voice' with myself, Kristie Cook, Jamie Magee, Kim Richardson, Keary Taylor, Victoria Simcox, Jessica Sorensen, Brenda Pandos, Samantha Young, Jayde Scott, Megg Jensen, Danyelle Leafty and guest authors!

    The Writers Voice
    "Where you get to know the people behind the pages."


    If you suggest your favorite author in the comments we will see if we can contact them for an interview, guest post or other exclusive content!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://ourbooksourvoice.blogspot.com/
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being the maverick that I am, I penciled in my own addition to this week’s Follow Friday question and then answered it.

    Change the ending of a book? No way, no how.

    From the perspective of a reader – it never even dawned on me. As a writer I find the notion sacrilegious.

    Wait! I can explain! Follow me back to my blog for all the verbosity – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gay ninjas has me so intrigued! The rest..not so much. Sad, that could be such a great premise for a book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I agree with you about Breaking Dawn. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answer. I completely agree with you about Breaking Dawn. I would have much rather had Jacob and Leah be together rather than with Renesmee. Just a little disturbing to me.

    New Follower
    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Already a follower, but OMFG I WANNA READ ABOUT GAY NINJAS! D:

    Okay, seriously though, that ending would've cheesed me off.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jess
    <a href="http://www.romanceaholic.com>The Romanceaholic</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breaking Dawn was really disappointing!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Breaking Dawn has been a popular answer! Gay ninjas! That's a new plot premise I haven't heard of before! :D

    Thanks for hopping by my blog!

    April @ My Shelf Confesions

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Follow Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone for stopping by. If I haven't gotten to your blog yet, I promise I will over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lot of people would change Breaking Dawn. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for hopping by mine =D I like your ideas about Breaking Dawn, would definitely make for an interesting movie haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved everything about Breaking Dawn, and I think I'm the only one!
    Hopping through!
    The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete