Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Release Party Shenanigans

I think shenanigans is a very apt description for the release party my two best friends, Sara and Danielle, threw me. Granted not a lot of people showed up (their loss, we had booze!) but the three of us together usually entertain ourselves. Warning, there are a lot of images in this post. Images of AWESOMSAUCE! Sorry, inside voice, inside voice.

It wasn't just us either, my hubby was there, along with one bestie's boyfriend and her mom, plus my parents and little sister. It was a small party but we all had a great time, chatting and eating good food.


There were a few surprises too. Like the cake they ordered. I kind of wonder if the bakers knew it was for my book. Congratulations Patty on Being Human. Yeah, I think you get what I mean. We also laughed because I used to be a baker and as you can see the piping around the edges is a little uneven.

There were also the posters they made. Danielle had asked me for a high resolution image of my book cover. I racked my brain, trying to figure out what they were going to do. The posters were an awesome shock. They also look cool in the dark.
 
I have two and am definitely going to give one away in a contest later on. (Sara might kill me for posting this picture of her on the blog. She's saying "I KNOW HER!")

When our parents and my little sister left, we moved the party to the bonfire and sat around, drinking and chatting.

Over all, we had a lot of fun and I am super grateful my two besties were excited as I am about my book. I gave them each one of the proofs I had ordered since they didn't mind the flaws.

We figured one day, when I'm a millionaire author and famous, they will be collectables. (We're not crossing our fingers though.) I've been told I need to autograph them and the posters. Out of this whole ordeal, that has been the most surreal thing. Being told I need to autograph my books. They aren't finished yet. In the next week or so, Sara's going to put an add in the paper about my book. Yup, I have some pretty good best friends. =)

I promise you, we are sober in this picture. Might be a little jacked up on sugar from the cake's frosting though.

Me and my little sister. Also, me being perverted about eating a hot dog.

 The delicious food they made.

We might have been a little over zealous with starting the fire.

Sara's boyfriend, Rich, grilling the noms. We had to tell him to stop.

Also, don't forget to go snag your copy of Being Human for Kindle or at Smashwords. Or comment here for a chance to win a copy. Either way, I'd love you to own it and enjoy it.

6 comments:

  1. It looks as though you had a great time and I absolutely love the cake. Congratulations on Being Human - what the bakers must have thought!

    Anyway - congratulations on Being Human! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is brilliant! I'd love to think it left the baker scratching his head but you KNOW your friends told him 'this is for our friend. She's written a book. You can buy it here...' :-)

    That looked like such a fun time, you have wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic party!!
    Congrats Patricia on getting it out there, I'm sure it will do well =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like so much fun! Congratulations on being a published author! And YES you must sign copies and posters! So, so, so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete