Friday, August 12, 2011

Follow Friday - when I start numbering, it's a habit

Time for another Feature & Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's question is:

Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

I completely got out of reading when I was a teen. I think I read two books. Well, four if you count Lord of the Rings as separate books. One if you count the fact I did LotR for a book report. Wait maybe it was three books. There was the zombie book that was inspired by Jeffery Dahmer (I really want to find that book and read it again.) I think a Danielle Steele book and one of Anne Rice's books. I'm not sure of my age at the time. Maybe I was a tween. I don't remember. I just know I didn't read much. Too busy driving potheads around in my parents van. (Never smoked it myself, couldn't get past the smell. Ugh, did that stuff stink!)

So, yeah, my reading habits changed big time since I was a teen. I also got back into knitting in my twenties too. Sometimes it amazes me the things I stopped doing during my teens. It almost feels like years wasted. I blame boys and the ones I dated.

Hmm, should I shamelessly promote my book right here? *Thinks deeply on the matter.* Sure, but only because I'm still so excited that I got the proof yesterday and got to hold it. OMG that was so amazing. If you're a writer, I highly recommend getting a physical copy of your book. As for mine, check it out at GoodReads, facebook and of course here on this blog. 

PS: Yes, CJ/Daniel, I did copy and paste from your blog again. =P

12 comments:

  1. I think I read fairly widely as a new teen, but shortly after that, like you, I was more interested in my friends. I'm trying to make up for it now though!

    I have an award over on my blog for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following you now, too (GFC and NetworkedBlogs) You should DEFINITELY give the Nook a try. I love my Kindle!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the hard copy of the book!! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pretty busy being a teen to read as well. Like you, the boys had me unfocused on books and focused on them. I took like 4 years off reading and then twilight got me back involved. Thanks for stopping by! Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was one of those teens that had her nose in a book as much as humanly possible. I've been reading the same type of books since my mom started letting me read adult novels. As soon as I graduated from the children's section of the library I jumped right into fantasy and science fiction - never to look back. (When I was a kid I read more adventure and mystery - that's what was available to me at the time.)

    - Congrats on getting to hold a physical copy of your book, I can only imagine how awesome that would have felt! Such a great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Nanna tried teaching me knitting when I stayed with her during the school holidays as an early teen. I could so it for a while, I think I made a sock or something. But if you handed me a pair of needles now, I'd probably stare at you blankly.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and friending me on goodreads. I'm trying to follow you on here now, but GFC is playing hide and seek. *refreshs page yet again*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments so far.

    @Brett, I see you on my followers list. Thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my first library card at 9 and have never stopped reading. Even in college when most people don't have the time, I made the time to read. The only reason I ever carried a purse was to have easy transport for my books. Though it was starting with college that I became more selective in what I read, because I did not have the time to read as much as I wanted. I think that when I started reading, I stopped knitting. I was never any good at it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your book! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We should blame more things on the boys we dated because most of them are true:)
    Stopping by for the book hop to follow you.
    So amazing you have a book coming out (jealous as a writer in the long first revision process!). It looks fantastic!
    Here's my blog:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete