Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday again.

Time for another Feature & Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's question is:


Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 

 

Okay, so I wasn't going to do this at first but then I thought about. That really made me consider not doing it, but I think I need to suck it up and do this one. Mind you, what has me worried is my writing partner in crime giving me hell for my answer. Might have to write something extra smutty for his gutter mind to appease him. On to my answer!

 

 A book that influenced me was Twilight. Yup, that's right, Twilight. When I was younger, I read a lot of books. I remember reading the Fear Street series and tons of other YA horror. I devoured them all. Then for some reason, I stopped reading. I didn't pick up a book for years. While at the theater, I saw a movie poster for Twilight and thought the guy was really pale and it reminded me of a vampire. It made me think of how I loved the vampire horror books I read when I was younger. So I went home and looked it up and read the sample. Well, after that, I had to order it and read the whole story. Then I had to read the rest of the series. I was a Twi-tard (as my hubby would say.) After that, I started reading more and more and haven't really stopped since. Now I have a book shelf full of books, online wishlists and am a member of paperback swap. I am back into reading and if it hadn't been for Twilight, I have no idea if I'd be reading. Or writing for that matter.

6 comments:

  1. Twilight and Harry Potter have influenced so many! Feel free to stop by my Friday Post here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, many people have mentioned Twilight. I don't care for the book but I appreciate the excitement it's generated. Thanks for becoming a follower of my site, I'm now following you back.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh. Who cares what book it was/is that gets someone back into the game? So long as you're reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog; I'm following back now. (I really just used a semicolon in a blog comment...can we say Teacher?)

    ~andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That vamp got his fangs into you... har har. Ok it is getting late, sorry about that. I've heard a lot of similar stories to this. If Twilight did anything it was reconvert a lot of readers, it is so good to hear it! Happy #FF XOXO - Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also loved the Fear Street books when I was a kid! :)

    I agree with ParaJunkee Twilight certainly did bring a lot of people back to reading!

    ReplyDelete