Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mark your calender!

I am 99.99% sure that by August 30th I will be able to publish Being Human. There's a small bit of worry that I won't, but honestly, all I have to do is read through it again and preview it in Smashwords (already looked at it on Kindle and it looks good!) I am still a little wishy washy about how soon to do a print version. I have that formatted too and accounts with both Lulu and Createspace. It's just a question of any errors that slipped through and what site to use. (Opinions people?)

Oh, and money. If I put out the paperback version (using the ISBN the site provides) and an error is found, I'll have to buy another ISBN if I want to do a corrected paperback version. That is not cheap. You can buy a ISBN from Lulu for $99. You can also get them at the ISBN site. Either way, it's a cost I'd like to avoid. Maybe I'll release the paperback around Christmas. Just rest assured, if you love paperback books, mine will be available in paperback. After all, I have this:


So mark your calenders for August 30th 2011. That's the day, P day! Oh, and maybe clear out some time the week before. I've contacted some writer friends for a  blog tour and I think I'll plan a giveaway as well. (Was going to do one on GoodReads but they don't do giveaways for ebooks.) A bit more info can be found on my goodreads page. (RSVP today!) I will tweet both events until you are annoyed. I have to make sure you don't forget.

9 comments:

  1. Squee! I can't wait til the end of August. You know when that day comes I'll be telling everyone I'm friends with someone who published a book!

    And I have to say again just how awesome that cover is. I'm still trying to work out what's different about the two faces other than the light and shadow. Is Tommy looking down a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like one face is looking down but I think it's just the shadows playing tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh! I want a paperback version! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news! Well done you, you must be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cassie *I* want a paperback version!

    @Sarah, words can't describe how excited I am (I swear I'm a writer! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. W00T! congrats to you!!!! I..have the sudden urge to after buying a paperback version mailing to you to be signed so I can brag to all my friends XD

    I'm definitely buying both an ebook AND paperback for this! SQUEE!

    YOU GO GIRL! \0/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squee! Thanks! RM, now I don't feel so stuck up wondering if I should sign any paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went with Createspace and didn't worry about an ISBN. Book's been out eight months, is stocked in a couple libraries, and I still haven't seen any need for an ISBN.

    If you go with Createspace, you can use the pro plan--for less than $40 (and a yearly fee that's low IIRC) you can buy copies for cheaper AND it'll go on Amazon. Amazon is where a LOT of people buy books.

    Also SQUEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KD, I'm thinking I will as well. Lulu was easy but when I uploaded the whole cover I had a nice line of white along the top and right edge that I couldn't fix. Hopefully, I won't have any problems w/ custom covers on Createspace. I've heard that's a problem ppl have.

    ReplyDelete