Thursday, July 28, 2011

Follow Friday

Last week, my writing partner in crime did this and the topic was one I had wish I had known because I would have loved to do it. This week, the question is equally interesting and I'm not missing out on it. Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Hop on over to their blog and join the fun.


This week's question is:

Q. Let's step away from books for a second and get personal. What T-Shirt slogan best describes you?

Hmm, let me think. And while I'm thinking, how about a story? When I was in college, I was trying to think up something funny to put on a t-shirt. I came up with The Voices Told me To and I wrote it down and put it on my dresser. At the time, my roommates and I were having a rocky moment. Rommates saw the piece of paper that said The Voices Told Me To. Roommates thought I was trying to tell them something. If I had known what head desking was I would have done it. Multiple times. Instead, and this was while talking with some counselor to solve our problems -even though I had no idea there were problems, I looked at roommates and asked, "Wouldn't you buy a shirt that said that?"

I think there is no t-shirt slogan that really describes me because I'm the one trying to write them. =D (That answer is totally not cheating either =P)

27 comments:

  1. Oh man. That's original. New followr. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Story,,and FYI i would definately were a tshirt that said "The Voices Told me to"
    happy friday ,,new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great tshirt idea! Haha you would definately get some strange looks from passersby!

    Check out my FF @ http://australianbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/feature-follow-friday-3/

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally wear a t-shirt that said that! lol Cute story too...some people just don't get it, do they? New follower, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a t-shirt that said that heh. Strange but true. Not cheating no :P

    Amy@Adumbrations (new follower)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments you guys. I stopped by all of yours and repaid the favor. Now I'm going through the list and showing some comment love. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    My husband has quite a few good shirts he wears to work including "Bite Me" lol
    I've seen a t-shirt that said the voices told me to so you should keep track of your ideas before people steal them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Patricia!

    I'm not sure if I can think of a t-shirt slogan, but I did have one of those "exercise excuses" t-shirts once. "I want to develop my mind more." "Gym shoes were wet." That kind of thing. That might be close. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey...thanks for dropping by. Following back now!

    ~ andi novelista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for stopping by and wishing you happy friday

    Lydia @ Sensual Ride

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thanks everyone.
    @Karen, not too worried about it anymore. That story happened waaaaay back in 2001 lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story! Thanks for stopping by my Follow Friday today! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love reading all the clever t-shirt ideas.

    Here's my Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday for this week:
    BBH and FF: Bonjour! Enchanté! ¡Buenos días!
    And I hope you will stop in to throw your hat into the ring for my July Giveaway! Win a $25 Amazon gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes the voices say funny things, too:)

    Good reading ~ Escape by Fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am almost positive that I have seen a shirt that has said that! And, I'm pretty sure I have also said that a time or two :P
    Thanks for the visit!
    Happy Friday :}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool story! Thanks for stopping by http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Love the layout!

    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! That is a hilarious story! Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower :)

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha good answer :) Thanks for stopping by to see me yesterday, and I am following you back!

    Have a great rest of the weekend :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  21. You made me laugh! Funny one. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd so buy that shirt! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great answer! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha nice answer. Thanks for the follow. Following back =D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by, happy FF (a little late LOL)
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL, I would!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm late to the party! Thanks for stopping by my blog Book that Thing! I'm here to return the follow favor. Have a great week!
    _yay_

    ReplyDelete