Monday, June 6, 2011

It's all fun and games blogfest

I almost forgot about this. I put the badge on my blog so I wouldn't forget. Alex Cavanaugh posted a comment reminding me. Still, I almost forgot.

Okay, lemme think, three games I love and why. This is actually pretty easy. First is Scrabble. It reminds me of home. My family used to gather at the dinner table and play it, when relatives visit, we play it. Sometimes I'd win, sometimes I'd lose. Was everyone else annoyed when they were stuck with a Q or Z and there was NO place to play it? Ten points those tiles were worth! A goldmine or deathtrap rolled into a tiny, wooden square. Why don't I own this game??? Hubby and I obviously need to make a trip to Walmart.

Second game, piece of cake. Chrono Cross. Not Chrono Trigger, Chrono CROSS. Serge is HAWT! It was one of the first PS1 games I played, the sound the PS made when it turned on forever embedded into my memory because of that game. I beat it, I played it again, I beat it again and then I played it again. I loved the cut scenes. (Also Kid ROXS) I still have that game somewhere and if I ever want to not write for long periods of time, all I need to do is put that game in. I own the soundtrack to this game and it is full of awesome.


 Is Serge not cute?

Third game... this might take a moment of thought. There are a few games that could fall as third favorite. The Sims Busting Out for GameCube. I can literally spend hours building a house or dressing the characters. It's one of the few games I have beaten, unlocking nearly everything... Or did i unlock everything. I don't know, I don't play games much anymore because I'm too busy trying to write (or as the past few days, slack off writing and whine about how I haven't written anything. See last blog post for this.) Oddly, I didn't much care for Sims 2.

There we go, my top three games. All of which I haven't played in a while. Well, I played the Sims the other day, built a house then got bored making my characters live since not everything was unlocked for whatever reason. Thanks Alex for hosting this. Pop by his blog and check out the other entries.

18 comments:

  1. Chrono Cross sounds amazing. I must check it out!

    Fun & Games Blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you remembered! Looks like you need to break out some old favorites soon. Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrabble's on my list too. I don't play many video games though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only familiar with Scrabble. I always tried my best to get a triple word or letter score using those big score letters like Q or Z. Something like that could usually cinch the game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a recovering Sims addict. lol Fun game. I love all word games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't play much in the way of video games either.... though I found Tetris maddeningly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey fellow scrabble player I'm glad you remembered too and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrabble is a most popular pic! I love that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love scrabble, though one son really kicks our butts with the big words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only heard of Scrabble. Great to meet you. I'm a new follower from the blogfest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Scrabble, too - my sister and I have some real cutthroat Scrabble sessions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have Chrono Trigger, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Haven't played Chrono Cross. Love the pic of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. guess what? you have been awarded a kreativ award come see thank you and god bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. When it comes to the Sims I'm the exact opposite. I love the open-ended game play and couldn't get very into unlocking stuff usually, except for the Cowplant in Sims 2 that would eat foolhardy Sims!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Chrono Cross... but not as much as Chrono Trigger.

    I've played Chrono Trigger like a billion times... and even though I have games I haven't beat yet, I'd still rather replay Chrono Trigger.

    I think my Chrono Cross game got a scratch in it, so I've never beat it... I'll have to emulate it sometime to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's fun to see how many writers put Scrabble as one of their favourites. Not surprising, really.

    I played The Sims 2 for a while and actually enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Scrabble is the only one I've played on this list--the others sound fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Scrabble. Absolute classic and a must-have!

    I know what you mean about the "q"s and "z"s, though.
    My Achilles heel is those darn "C"s I'm always stuck with.....or, having a bunch of "u"s, playing 'em, and THEN drawing a "q." Sigh.

    ReplyDelete