Sunday, May 1, 2011

A to Z and everything in between

This is for the Mega Reflection post, go add your link to Aree's blog!

I did it. I made it through the A to Z Blog Challenge and wow, it was fun. I had been a little scared at first, uncertain I could hit every letter but there only turned out to be a few letters I struggled on.

I did ramble a lot more than I thought I would. I think Y, X, P, I and E were all rambling, close my eyes and hit the keyboard and see what letter I type posts. They were the most fun as well. Trying to be random needs a bit of creativity. I did slack off on the queries at the end. I blame my muse. She ran off and hide when I thought the word. I did get practice via six different stories and even figured out plotholes and parts that need improvement on a few.

As for commenting it was up and down. Some days I hit quite a few other blogs and commented then some days I barely looked at my own comments. I think that was the biggest difficulty of the challenge. You can write up the posts ahead of time, schedule them to post but you have to stop and take the time to read other's blogs to get the full effect of the challenge. I have new friends now and new blogs to read.

Would I do this challenge again? Oh yeah, in a heartbeat. I'd do it every month... well maybe that's a little too much. I'll do it next year as long as there's someone around to remind me. Thanks to everyone who kept up with me on this challenge, to the hosts - Arlee at Tossing It Out especially and to Elizabeth Mueller for making the badge you see above. Don't forget to check out my Z post and enter my contest. It's my thanks to everyone who commented. I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

14 comments:

  1. It certainly was a challenge, but most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! As one of the co-hosts, I really tried to comment and visit as many as many as possible. Since I already visit one hundred a day, adding many new ones was a challenge indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my compliments on pulling this one off! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, very well done. So far reading the reflection posts it seems everyone wishes they could have visited and commented more. I am so glad the link will be up for another month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you got practice on your stories and enjoyed the challenge. Reading lots of blogs was a challenge for me as well, so I just set a daily goal that was capped at 20 blogs per day.

    Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    The Madlab Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a great month hasn't it and now, like you, I need to catch up with some old blogs and get into a routine. I've enjoyed posting in this challenge alongside you Patricia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, I enjoyed your posts.
    cheers,
    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on completing the Challenge. I managed it too, but didn't get around to visiting as many blogs as I intended, so I'm catching up now. Glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on finishing what truely was an epic challenge!

    happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you made it through. Congrats.

    I was an incredible challenge for all of us. Especially trying to keep up with meeting other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a challenge but oh so fun and FABULOUS to get to meet blogging peeps like you :) Thank you for a great reflections and "see" you next year :)

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noooo! Not every month!

    Glad you had such a great time with the A to Z Challenge. Thanks for joining us in April and congratulations on making it to the end.


    Don't forget to pick up your Winner's Badge at my site.
    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally getting to your blog through the A to Z. Congrats on making it and nice to meet you! I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sure was a blast, eh? I didn't make it to all the blogs during April (a fairly insurmountable task) so I'm taking the summer. Shannon @ The Warrior Muse and I are joining forces in another challenge. We're going to visit and comment at each of the participants, starting with the reflections post. We hope you'll join us!
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete