Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for a Zombie Contest

Contest is over! Corinne you've been chose. I tweeted you. Thanks everyone else for commenting and helping me close out the challenge. It was a blast.

Well it's the end of the challenge and I made it. I hadn't been sure. A post every day and the theme letters from the alphabet? Yeah, I was worried I may stumble on a few letters. I didn't. Thanks to my abundance of stories and desire to practice query writing, a little inspiration and some insanity I got every letter.

Now it's the last letter: Z. I was going to have a guest poster but unfortunately those plans fell through and leaving me improvising. Maybe I should talk about zombies at some point. That way this last post is somewhat on topic. I don't really have much to say on the subject. I've read a few zombie books - ones were the zombies were decaying monsters and others were they were simply reanimated corpses with thoughts and feelings. Melissa, who was supposed to be my guest, has been writing a fun little online story featuring zombies. Muhhhh, A Zombie Love story. It has a nice little twist on the genre.

Anyways, thanks for hanging in with me through this challenge. I made a few new friends and found some new blogs to read. For all your patience in sticking by my side I have a contest; all you have to do is comment to enter. Doesn't matter where you live either, I'll ship the prize anywhere.

Up for grabs is World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks. Contest will be open until May 7th. Thanks again for hanging with me this month. It was a blast and I'll be sure to do it again next year (granted someone remind me.)

10 comments:

  1. Great idea to have a give-away to end the Challenge, how fun.

    Congrats on making it to the end, I've enjoyed your posts! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp...right now my chances are 50-50! hahah! great job getting through them all! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on hitting all 26 letters! I think I'm going to have to participate next year - if I get my writing blog up and running by then!

    Anyways, it was a fun month of posts to follow! Have a great weekend and give those blogging fingers a rest :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for making it to Z! What a fabulous month of posts this has been, and what an awesome way to close it out, with a contest! I would love to win this one. :)

    Trying out html for a link to my blog, ignore it if it goes awry! lol

    Corinne

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat the move was song of the south and yes brier rabbit and the tar babies were in it. i think that i may have become a zombie out there in the cold and mowing the lawn in a snow storm LOL or what ever sound a zombie make baa hum bug lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't I hear there was a movie coming up based on World War Z?

    Congratulations on finishing the Challenge.


    Hope you'll join us for The A to Z Challenge Reflections Post on Monday May 2nd. An “A to Z Blog Challenge Winner’s Button” will also be available starting May 1st on the Tossing It Out site.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What you did was awesome. I really enjoyed your posts. :-)
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! We made it and we are not zombies, although I think I felt like one on those days when I just couldn't think of anything to write. thanks for you comments too :)

    ReplyDelete