Tuesday, April 26, 2011

W is not for Waggle

This post should have been on one of my stories but my query muse has died on me and it might take some time to revive her. Fear not I still have a W post in mind. One that is sure to enlighten or at least entertain. Let's begin.

Waggle. You can waggle your eyebrows. You can waggled you toes in your socks. You can waggled your tongue of fingers in the air. But please, whatever you do, do not waggle anything during sex!

WHAT?

Here's the deal. I love Kerrelyn Sparks. Her Love at Stake series tickles my funnybone and along with encouraging my love of vampires. When she releases a book I buy it. Her latest is called Vampire Mine. It was a fun read with light and funny moments along with some nice romance. But all that came grinding to a halt when during a sex scene the male character waggled his finger around certain female parts.



The scene was ruined for me. Waggle just isn't a sexy word. If something waggles it's usually for comedic sense. Putting waggle in the middle of a sex scene is like putting bouncy balls in a gum ball machine! It doesn't work. Can you imagine your partner using the word? "Hey baby, you like how I waggle against you?" Um, no thank you, I'm ready to stop the ride now.

I'm sure there is a better word to use. Rubbed? Stroked? Hell, even wiggle would work better than waggle! Not much, mind you, but I could stomach wiggle better than waggle. Please, leave all your waggling body parts at the door.

6 comments:

  1. I would have to agree. Waggle doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with you on that, waggle is definitely not a sexy word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waggle...sounds like an un-cool form of wiggle. Not that I find wiggle super-cool either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly caught my attention. And I think you made a very good assessment. What were the author and the editor thinking here?


    Hope you join us in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post on Monday May 2nd.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I'd have to agree with you I think. That's a rather unusual word to use :O

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete