Thursday, March 10, 2011

Twitter Tools

Yes, I know, my title isn't that interesting. I like to try to come up with something funny or quirky, grab your attention and reel you in. But you're going to have to cut me some slack this one time. Please, I promise I have some great titles lined up in the weeks to come!

Now that you have my promise shall we get on to the topic mentioned in said lame title?

Twitter tools. Everyone has ways to use twitter effectively. Top ten twitter apps. Five ways to do more and still spend less time on twitter. What ever writer needs to use with twitter. After a while you start seeing the same tools rehashed. Hopefully, this post isn't rehashing anything.

I'm sure you've all heard of peek times to tweet. (Or facebook but what I found doesn't work for facebook so this post us useless in that aspect. Oh well, can't win them all.) Peek twitter time is a good thing, it's when you need to get your tweets on so everyone can see. It's in the morning, between 8am and 10am I think. I don't know. I'm not awake when peek twitter time rolls around. Let the record show that Patricia Lynne doesn't do mornings. (I get up around 11am. Was getting up earlier but past few weeks, not so early. I think part of the reason is for the past two years, my job as a baker meant I had to get my butt out of bed at 6am. I have two years worth of sleeping in to make up for!)

So what's a girl to do when she's snoozing at peek twitter times?

Simple, find a way to schedule tweets. I googled schedule tweets and the results back weren't bad. Not a ton, but enough variety... Sorta. A few links didn't work but there was one in particular that caught my eye. Twuffer. I love it. You got to Twuffer.com, allow it to access twitter, type out your tweet, pick a time, hit schedule and BOOM! You're done. This post right here is going to be scheduled to tweet at peek times. My last few blog posts were scheduled. No more worrying about getting up for me. Twuffer gets up for me.

So ask yourself, what can Twuffer do for you? (For the record, I am not getting paid for this. I just really like this twitter tool. And I kind of needed something to blog about because I'm saving a few other posts for later. Seriously, it's a good tool. I've used it like eight times so far. Nine once I publish this. My boyfriend will vouch it works too. He saw a tweet come across his stream but knew I wasn't awake. It does work. I also wanted to put a picture up. I'm having this obsession with putting images in each blog posts. Unfortunately, Twuffer doesn't have any funny images of it yet and I'm not about to make one. I think I've rambled enough. Publish and schedule! After a quick edit.)

7 comments:

  1. My favourite twitter tool is twitter lists. I'm following so many people now, it's hard to keep up with, so I have several lists. I am a twitter addict as well. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a grea tool! I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good post about twitter, i like twitter list. . .
    greeting from mas raden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to experiment with some twitter tools soon... I like twitter lists, just because otherwise Twitter would be unmanageable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done a few lists but I never look at them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to trying this scheduled tweeting thing out this weekend! :) Thanks for the tip! You're making me more hip. :)

    ReplyDelete