Monday, March 7, 2011

Squee-worthy news

I just had a squee moment. For those of you who don't know what a squee is, Urban Dictionary says this: A noise primarily made by an over-excited fangirl, however it has spread rapidly and is now widely used among the web community. Did I literally make the noise? Out loud?

No but I came close.

So what is the cause for my excitement? What is making me jump up and down? My all time favorite author, the one that inspired me to pursue publishing my own stories, Heather Brewer unveiled the cover to first book in her next series The Slayer Chronicles.

This series I am DYING to read. I love Joss. From the moment he appeared in Ninth Grade Slays I have adored him. There's just something about vampire slayers, the get me, right in the heart like a stake. Even with my undying passion for vampires, introduce a slayer and I start rooting for the other team.

Unfortunately, the first book, titled First Kill doesn't come out until September 2011. I'm not sure I can wait. I mean, look at that cover? How can you not love it? I know you're squeeing along with me. Admit it.

Does anyone own a time travel device? A Delorean that goes into the future? Seriously, I need one. Now.

7 comments:

  1. LOL! No travel time device I'm afraid. I like ot keep my feet purely in one time zone! :o) Heather's book sounds interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make sure you squee when the book comes out I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't worry, you will probably hear me squee from all the way across the pond when the book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smilie face with fangs. Just. Too. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost had a squee moment reading your post. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience, patience. And, perhaps if needed, copious helpings of wine.

    ReplyDelete