Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's only Tuesday

Wow, a post every day this week so far. I am usually not this chatty. In fact, right now I'm far from chatty. Right now I want to go curl up in bed and have it be tomorrow when I open my eyes. Why does it need to be tomorrow you ask? Well, I'm just not feeling the love today. It's not like it's been a bad day. Far from it. But some days just suck.

You know what I'm talking about.

You get up and sit in your favorite chair or at the kitchen table with a bowl of cereal in front of you and all you can think is, "I want to go back to sleep!" Some days the motivation isn't there, some days even the simplest task is annoying as hell! Then, to top it off, you have to go to work. Or an appointment. Or your friends keep calling because they want to go out for lunch.

Or in my case, I need to write!

I need to write and the desire and motivation just isn't there. I ask people on twitter to kick me, plead on Facebook for someone to yell at me and then munch on the brownies I made in hopes the chocolate has magical powers to get my butt moving. Unfortunately that never happens. (If someone knows of some magical brownies that motivate please TELL ME!) It doesn't help when I see articles on writing detailing all the steps I still need to go through to be published. Before I started this I read one on queries that was about how queries can give insight into the author's writing. That was nice bit of panic because if you've read my other posts you know writing a query is my worst nightmare. Then to top everything off, I feel like I'm complaining too much. That all I ever do on this blog is complain, complain, complain. It's not true, I know that but when it's one of those days I feel like a non-stop bitchfest.

Oh well, big deal, I vented and you listened. Thanks, that means a lot. Really it does. Think I'll eat some more brownies - even if they don't have magical powers. Tomorrow is another day, a fresh start to get my butt in gear and pump out those words. Maybe between now and then I'll convince my boyfriend to give me a back rub. He is my boyfriend after all, it's his job to make me happy.

8 comments:

  1. Great post Patricia, and I completely know how you feel! My issue is that I'm completely motivated to write, but the various things I need to complete BEFORE I am able to write give me the same feelings that you have had today. It's hard not to drag your ass when you feel like you're in a slump, regardless of how revived you know you'll feel once you've reached your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having one of those days myself. Nothing for it but to go back to bed. I'm heading that way with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself Patricia. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day for you :-).
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia...ummm...the only magical brownies that I know of could get you thrown in the slammer. Now while I wouldn't necessarily recommend them, the slammer could definitely make your blog fodder meter hit tilt. =) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey consider yourself lucky if you feel like this only once in awhile. I feel like this every day! LOL I laugh because I must. hahaha Great post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jewell, I have heard of those brownies and yeah, I probably don't want to eat them.

    Thanks everyone for commenting, Wednesday was much better. I just figured I'd do a post on bad days because we all have them and it's nice to know that it's okay to vent (remember in HS when you had a bad day and everyone got annoyed at you and told you to shut up?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big believer in talking about EVERYTHING, especially when things are bothering you. I absolutely despise it when people act like you're supposed to say things are fine even when they're not. If you ask me "How's it going?" and you don't like it when I don't give you the leprachauns and rainbows answer you're looking for, then don't ask me the question.

    ReplyDelete