Sunday, February 20, 2011

Exciting News

I got an agent! I got published! Ummm.... I wish! Sorry, it's not that sort of news. I do have exciting news though. I stumbled upon the blog of Megg Jensen the other day while trying to figure out what publishing route I want to take. Megg writes YA like me and that alone is what stopped me. I read through a few posts, read part of the sample of her novel (which I highly enjoyed and want to read more) and discovered she went with e-pub and her first book is out on Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook AND she will have her book in paperback too. All three are formats every author should desire right now. Ebooks are taking off, more and more people are buying Nooks, Kindles and eReaders so naturally our books should be available in those formats.

I'm getting sidetracks from my point.

Seeing how Megg is in the genre I am and she has succeeded in getting her book out there I dropped her a line asking if she would do a guest post. She said YES! So, dear readers, keep your eyes open. Megg will be dropping by with her story and hopefully between me and her we can figure out a prize for a contest too.

9 comments:

  1. One of the nice benefits of this blogging business is the people you meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - good fake out. Will be looking forward to reading Megg Jensen's guest blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tease you are! But the real news is fun nonetheless. I'll look forward to her guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your first line ... "I got an agent" and my heart skipped a beat. Don't do that!!! I want it to be for real, girlie!!! Now work on that query letter and let's get this thing movin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to jump up and clap my hands when I read that you were kidding. Good fake, but NOT COOL! ;-)

    But YAY on the guest post! Awesome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry everyone, I can't help but be evil sometimes. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Patricia, Look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete