Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions. Not for me.

I wasn't going to blog about the new year. Not at first. Everyone else is posting blogs today, so if I go against the grain and skip it, will it be missed? Doubtful. But then someone pointed out the date in numbers and I gotta admit, I was O.O. Literally, my eyes widened and I had an OMGBBQ luk @ teh date nao!!!1!!1!1!!!! it being awwsum! moment. (That's LOL cat speak for those of you who don't know. Look up i can has cheezburger and you will understand and instantly be addicted.)

What can I say, I love dates like that. They amused me. Easily. So here I am, blogging about the date.... well, pointlessly rambling is more accurate. Maybe I should make this worth something.

Resolutions! I... don't do them. Never have, never will. Mostly because I don't think about them, not even as new years day approaches. Why make a resolution when I know I'll forget and never keep it? Doesn't make sense. This year is no different. There are no resolutions, only a promise.

I promise to get Being Human published. I know it can be done and I can get it done this year. I'm on draft four, the last few kinks that didn't sit right with me gone and a few more read throughs to fix grammar and minor errors and I can call it done. Well, as done as it can get. Will it ever be completely done? Probably not. I've heard a lot of authors say their works are never done, there's always more that can be done but at one point they felt it was good enough to stop nitpicking. I will come to that same point too. Feeling there's nothing more to do even though I could do more if I wanted. Then I'll release my story into the world, to readers to tear into and tear apart with their opinions.

That's all I'm promising this year. The closest to a resolution I've ever had. All I want to achieve. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll get your book published and it will be a great success:)
    Happy New Year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with 'Being Human', Patricia. Just the title intrigues me. Oh, yes, and I love the treadmill resolution. Too too funny! Success in 2011! :-)

    ReplyDelete