Sunday, October 31, 2010

Who am I?

Today is about me.

Which isn't me at all. I'm naturally a shy person. I don't like making waves, content to follow rather than lead - although, I can lead. I usually choose not to, that's all. So focusing on myself seems.... Selfish. Which I'm not. I can confidently say I'm not selfish because pointing out one, tiny thing I did feels self-serving to me. Like I'm trying to brag or boast and I feel like a stuck up snob for even speaking.

I am in my characters. Dreams, hopes, secret ambitions are all wound up in my characters. I create strong female leads, thrusting them into danger and conflict, giving them the strength to do what I would like to do. I create timid characters, trying to coax them into growing stronger, encourage them to stand up like I hope I would in their shoes. There's also hopeful characters, fearful characters, selfish characters, villainous characters, a character for every part of me, both good and bad.

Read my stories and you'll see me laugh and cry, stand up for what I believe, be the voice of reason or even do something so terrible you'd think I was insane! I'm there, in between the lines, in every breath my characters take (even the ones that don't breath.) Who I am isn't just me, it's Tommy or Ebony or Alex or Dr. Reece. It's any of the characters that popped into my brain and the ones that have yet to be realized. It's who I am and who I want to be.

Like I said, it's all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment